Monday, February 23, 2009

A Few of My Favorite Things

I have so many things that I love in this world. . .and I'm not talking about my family, friends and pets. . ..I mean THINGS. ... .actual inanimate objects that just simply make me happy. What is so amazing about those things? They are so cheap!!!!! I mean who doesn't love to have a doughy little Hawaiin girl dancing on their desk?

I don't love eye candy that costs lots of money. . .it's the little bits of here and there that make me smile. There are no rules to what draws me in. . .it could be color. . .it could be size. . .quirky or simple. . .meaningful or meaningless.. .it just doesn't matter as long as it gives me a giggle or a sigh. And when I stop giggling, I just pass it along to someone else. These things are scattered all through my home and they inspire me everyday.

A Handful of Today's Favorite Things
(Which Could Change at Any Minute Because I'm Just That Way)
FAVORITE JUNK:
Architectural Salvage is the basis of my furniture. ..taking the old and turning it into something new. But, sometimes, they make a better statement if you don't touch them at all. . .but just place them where they can be enjoyed, as is.



FAVORITE PIECE OF ART:
This is one of my most favorite pieces in the whole house. ..you can only see a piece of the pie here. . .the dearest member of my tribe, Cynthia Torroll, made this beautiful mermaid as a house warming gift. ..constructed out of of old CD's. . . mmmmm, I just love her as she swims on her side.

FAVORITE PIECE OF FURNITURE:
Gotta be the polka dotted Duncan Fife. . . .I love finding a cool piece with great bones,whether it's on the side of the road, at a yard sale, visiting the flea market or a favorite antique shop. . .and then some Sir's Fabric to boot. . . .YIKES. . .that's the combination for perfection!!! Who can't giggle on this couch?

MORE OF MY FAVORITE THINGS COMING SOON TO A BLOG NEAR YOU!!!!!

No comments: